How Is Paternity Established?
Paternity is the legal and social acknowledgment of the parental relationship between a child and their father.
Establishing paternity in Florida can be as easy as contacting a family law attorney at The Minaya Law Offices, PLLC. At our firm, we have extensive experience working with our clients to determine the paternity of their children.
Attorney, Radoyka Minaya, understands that this process is a delicate one, and requires additional emotional support, which we are more than happy to provide.
When handling your case, our firm will provide a free consultation to walk you through the process of establishing paternity, and the resulting obligations of the father once his relationship is proven. No two paternity cases are the same, which is why your lawyer will provide personal attention to your case, uncovering the special circumstances of your paternity case. Our goal is to provide a fast and fair resolution for your legal needs by locating, testing, and establishing accountability for a child’s well-being.
How Does Paternity Work?
Our firm will immediately go to work for you as an advocate for proof of paternity, custody guidelines, support conditions and visitation rights as the courts see fit for the non-custodial parent. The process will work in the following phases:
- Locating the alleged paternal father
- Testing the alleged paternal father
- Confirming paternity
Benefits of Establishing Paternity
In addition to child support, paternity establishes emotional, social, and economic ties between the father and the child. Once paternity is legally established, the child gains certain legal rights and privileges.
Special reasons for establishing paternity include:
- Benefits – The child may be eligible for an inheritance, medical and life insurance benefits, and rights to social security and veteran’s benefits.
- Medical history – It is crucial to the child’s health for the doctor to have knowledge of the father’s medical history. Knowing the family’s full history of diseases, illnesses, and birth defects can help the doctor if the child becomes sick.
- Identity – It is important for the child to know who his or her father is. This will help make the child more secure.
Once paternity is confirmed, the child’s overall benefits will be uncovered through:
- Disclosure of father’s medical records
- Examining inheritance to assets
- Eligibility for the father’s social security or death benefits
- Health insurance coverage through father’s plan
- Petitioning for child support
- Tax dependency claims for student financial aid
Give your Child the Best Life Possible by Establishing Paternity Today
The Minaya Law Offices moves forward with the child’s well-being at the forefront of our minds and pursue additional cases in family court to provide the best life possible for the child in question. No matter your reasons for wanting to determine paternity, it is our firm’s goal to provide the best outcome for our clients and their children.
Allow the experienced, dedicated and compassionate attorney at The Minaya Law Offices to walk you through the paternity law process and help you with establishing paternity.
Free Paternity Consultation in South Florida including Plantation, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Miami
The Minaya Law Offices offers a free, no-obligation paternity consultation, providing you with the opportunity to ask questions and obtain more information. This allows you to enter the process with the necessary knowledge that can affect your future and help you better determine how we can best meet your needs.
If you are considering initiating paternity proceedings or have already been served with papers, call the South Florida paternity attorney at The Minaya Law Offices today at 954-526-9092 and schedule a no-cost consultation during which you can further discuss the unique aspects of your case. If you prefer, you can fill out the contact form on the contact page of this website and our experienced paternity lawyer will call you back. Se habla Español.